Throughout the history, not a single state has committed this number of assassinations against those who were obstacles in it’s way to achieve it’s ultimate goal, a state built on racial discrimination.
Call them terrorists, cartoonists, leaders, scientists, and even common people. They are never protected.
- Naji Salim al-Ali: A Palestinian cartoonist, assassinated in London 22 July 1987 where he remained unconscious until he died in 29 August 1987. Al Ali was known for his sharp criticism to Israel in his 40’000+ cartoons which reflected the public Arab opinion and in many cases moved that opinion. Mosad, the Israeli intelligence agency, denied that incident, but the assassin mentioned that he worked for them, so enough said.
- Yehia El-Mashad: an Egyptian atomic scientist, killed in Paris in 13 June 1980. He worked on an Iraqi nuclear program with French coordination. He received warnings to stop working on this project but he ignored it and ended up losing his life.
- Gerald Vincent Bull: Canadian engineer, killed by 5 bullets on 22 March 1990 outside his apartment in Brussels. Bull worked on the SCUDD project in Iraq and his apartment was broken into several times, he was warned to stop working in this project but he ignored these warnings.
- Khalid Mish’al: Political leader of the Syrian branch of the Hamas political bureau and the current leader of Hamas since the assassination of Dr. Rantissi. In 25 September 1997, ten Mossad agents, who attempted to kill him by applying a deadly poison on his neck while asleep! Interestingly, this assassination attempt was ordered by Israeli primeminister by that time Benjamin Netanyahu. Assassination took place in Jordan, where King Hussain demanded the poison antidote. Israel rejected in the beginning to give in the antidote, but after some political pressure, they finally gave it in.
- Bassam Abu Sharif: A former member of the PLO, There were several attempts to kill him by letter bombs, sent by the Mosad! He lost four fingers, became deaf in one ear and blind in one eye. Abu Sharif is still alive, but is still suffering from the disabilities resulting from the Israeli attempts of murder.
- Izz El-Deen Sobhi Sheikh Khalil: Lost his life in an automobile booby trap on 26 September 2004. Three bystanders where injured, and some properties including cars and buildings were partially damaged.
- Sheikh Ahmed Ismail Yassin: A crippled Hamas leader (political department), assassinated 22 March 2004, by an Israeli helicopter gunship firing Hell Missiles (an anti tank missile) at him in his wheelchair while exiting his morning prayer. Shiekh Yassin, Two of his bodyguards and nine other bystanders were killed at this offense. in addition to the 11 souls lost, another 12 people were injured. What really intrigues me, is the use of a tank buster to kill a cripple! A person who is almost fully paralyzed, barley capable of breathing and talking, not even capable of lifting his own head, to be killed by an anti armor missile, Hell Fire?
- Dr. Abdel Aziz al-Rantissi: Was a political leader and a spokesman at Hamas, on 17 April 2004, he was murdered by the same missile type “Hell Fire” from an Apatche Helicopter which IAF fired on his car. He lost his life, so did his son Mohammad, a 27 years old and Ratissi’s bodyguard Akram Nassar. While someone might justify such cold blooded murder that they are “terrorists”, a bystander mother and her 5 years old daughter were killed, and four others were wounded. I wonder if IDF spokesman would say this time “Khamas were using them as human shields”, these guys were in their car going somewhere, and they can not evacuate the streets for them to move from one place to another, besides, they were not firing mortars or Qassam missiles on Israel on that time.
- The same person, Dr.Rantissi, was targeted before with the same technique, a helicopter launching a missile at him while in a car on 10 June 2003, he was lightly wounded by this incident, but unfortunately, two civilians were killed, and 30 wounded, including 15 children under the age of 12. Same question, was he launching a GRAD missile at Israel by that time? Or is it the IAF are bloodthirsty, and they like to see more and more Palestinians die.
It is a mad way of resolving conflicts, and they call those patriots who are trying to liberate their country terrorists. I thought I could list down all assassinations done by Israel, but it is almost impossible with my limited time.
for more information about this, search for the keywords: